Skilhunt Taschenlampen

Skilhunt H03 short battery tube mod, Emittertausch, Leichtgewicht

Lexel

Flashaholic**
12 Dezember 2016
Halle (Saale)
Hallo,

von mir fürs BLF in englisch verfasst.
Werde es mal wenn ich Lust habe noch übersetzen.

after I posted that the light with glued thread is not too hard to open I got a tip that BLF member chadvone had a tube laying around that fits,
he said its most likely a BLF A6 18350 tube so I ordered it,
BUT I received the S1 tube for the his mod.
So watch out that you dont get the wrong delivered the S1 tube is 37mm long and threads are both 1mm longer as well, the BLF A6 tube will not fit protected cells

But there are some minor differences to make the tube fit to the Skilhunt perfectly.

The result is a very light but powerful headlamp.
IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

I use an Efest protected 18350 900mAh battery its a very tight fit the diameter and lengh are the max what would fit.

With an Panasonic 18650B and magnet.
IMG_2013.jpg

I also got the AR glas from my Jetbeam Jet-1 MK in it or maybe a microtextured lens from BLF pflexpro user.
The lens diameter is 17mm.
PFP%20Micro-Textured%20Lens%20Large_zpsyacnej3y.jpg

106g with 3 strap headband magnet removed,
97.55g headband just the horizontal band
and cut the silicone holder for the 3. band should remove weight even more.

finally also cut the upper strap and exposed the full silicone holder and it sticks very good the my forehead.
IMG_2354.jpg

After screwing the BLF tube on the skilhunt light I noticed that the A6 has a lot longer tubes to screw in,
so I had to move the orings in front of their normal position.
IMG_2007.jpg

But unfortionally the BLF tube is 0,3mm thicker as the Skilhunt and their orings are larger.
IMG_2008.jpg

I tried to get the skilhunt orings on the BLF tube, but it was not enough to make it fit,
they were squezzed out a bit.

So I decided to get the tube where the orings have to be thinner in diameter.
Used first a dremel to get the anodisation off
and then used very carefuly a metal saw to get it about 0.5-0.7mm less in diameter.
IMG_2010.jpg

I did swap the LED as it had a noticeable green yellow tint probably 3B or 3C

replaced with a XML2 U3-3D from intl outdoor
http://intl-outdoor.com/cree-xml2-u3-3d-bare-led-p-904.html (link is external)
I am very pleased with this batch already modded one into my Nitecore P12
IMG_2095.jpg

There are nice things to report and I did some measurements for modding

the front glass is 17mm wide and 1mm thick,
ecxactly the same as my Jetbeam Jet-1 MK so I got an AR one inside

the driver uses a 0.082 Ohm resistor for current sense, so it could be modded easily
IMG_2089.jpg

the Star in it has 15mm size and is a true DTP, so no filing down a Noctigon needed
IMG_2075.jpg

there are markings on the back of the star looking like the footprint
IMG_2074.jpg

it is flat with some marks of machining
sanded 5 seconds with little press with 600 sandpaper, see its almost flat, the edges are rounded towards the LED side
IMG_2076.jpg

sanded down 10 more seconds and all machining marks gone
quick polish with 1500 and 5000 sandpaper
IMG_2079.jpg

In the head the heat paste is evenly across the whole star and also squeezed out on all sides
IMG_2071.jpg

The head has about 15mm flat machined surface it looks really bad in the picture but in real its almost flat
IMG_2081.jpg

Reflowing the LED

first heat it up on my induction stove with a 10mm iron plate and 5mm aluminium plate with thermal paste on top of it, till the solder melts
then removing old solder with a qtip and regulating the heat down
the LED is also heated up on a clean part of the metal plate
IMG_2083.jpg

adding Sn60Pb37Ag3 rosin flux core solder or solder paste, the 0,5mm solder wire is not easy to melt as the temperature is not much above the melt point

I use the one with lead as its melting point is lower and thats less stress for the emitter
IMG_2084.jpg

placing the hot star on it, let it pull on its own in the centered position
then tap on the star to push out solder to close the tiny gap to increase heat transfer
and this makes all 3 pads covered on 100% of the surface with solder
IMG_2085.jpg

putting Arctic silver on the body, was too much but it will squeeze out
IMG_2087.jpg

placing the Star in the head, it is a bit bigger than the anodized hole so I had to put it in sideways, thats why the star is not round all the way
the arctic silver squeezed out at the holes, but wasnt enough to do on the rounded edges
IMG_2088.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Lexel

Flashaholic**
12 Dezember 2016
Halle (Saale)
Ich habe aber noch die für Dichtungsringe etwas Material abtragen müssen, damit sie wasserdicht ist.
Oder woanders dünnere Dichtungsringe besorgen.

Lexel

Flashaholic**
12 Dezember 2016
Halle (Saale)
Ja die Lampe ist mit rotem Locktite verklebt, lässt sich aber mit etwas Hitze und Werkzeug lösen.

Das 16340 Mittelstück müsste man aufbohren lassen für 18350, die Frage ist nur ob es lang genug für geschützte Zellen wäre.

Habe den Tubus mit Sperrholz geschützt in einen Schraubstock gespammt, aber vorsichtig, damit man das dünne Rohr nicht zerdrückt.
und an den Lampenkopf einen Handschraubstock mit Pappe als Schutz festgezogen.

Dann mit Heißluftpistole die Verbindungsstelle auf ca. 100°C erwärmt und mit relativ wenig Kraft den Kopf gelöst.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

HighEnd Fussel

Flashaholic
21 Januar 2017
Augsburg
Moin,

sieht sehr Interessant aus, was ich nicht ganz Verstanden habe ist welches Rohr ich nun brauche? Also für geschützte wäre das S1 besser oder? Gewinde passen oder und man muss Quasi nur die vertiefung der ORinge erweitern?

Ps. Bei meinen Zwei H03 und meiner H02 ist nichts verklebt.

Pps. Weiß jemand wo ich einen neuen Treiber dafür herbekomme? Einer ist kaputt.

Mfg

Lexel

Flashaholic**
12 Dezember 2016
Halle (Saale)
Du kannst quasi jeden Treiber mit momentary switch in die Lampe verbauen, wenn der Dutchmesser gleich ist.

Z.B. Einen Texas Avenger mit Narsil Firmware.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/48447

rCcRS0f.jpg

a9zHVTn.jpg

TA_driver.png

Wenn du mir bei Oshpark das passende Board bestellst, kann ich dir den Treiber bestücken und mit Narsil programmieren.
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/SS2fuBAI
Für Bauteile, Bestücken und Versand kommen 9,9€ zusammen, wenn ich die 2 Boards die übrig bleiben verrechne, bzw. wenn ich das Board bestelle 11,9€.

Z.B. In diesen Thread hat jemand einen Narsil Treiber in eine Skilhunt nach kaputtem Treiber verbaut.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/966137#comment-966137

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Dude

Erleuchteter
18 Januar 2013
Hi Lexel,

welchen OP Reflektor hast du verwendet und wo hast du ihn her?

Bin auch am überlegen die TIR Optik zu tauschen, weiß aber nicht welche Reflektoren passen und wo man sie am besten her bekommt.

Danke und Gruß
Felix

Lexel

Flashaholic**
12 Dezember 2016
Halle (Saale)
Der Reflektor ist Original von der H03R Variante von Skilhunt.

Ein Reflektor der in die Lampe passen würde habe ich noch nirgends gefunden.
Eventuell mal Skilhunt anschreiben, ob sie dir einen Reflektor solo verkaufen, würde mich auch interessieren ob die das machen.

chouster

Flashaholic**
22 Dezember 2010
@Lexel
Beachte doch bitte mal die Nutzungbedingungen. Die Bilder vom Avenger sind von TA. Bin mir zwar relativ sicher, dass er kein Problem damit hat, trotzdem darfst du hier nicht einfach Bilder posten, die nicht deine sind. Nicht böse gemeint.

• Danke
Reaktionen: ger-slash

Wieselflinkpro

Flashaholic***
1 Dezember 2014
Goslar
... Bilder nicht Posten, aber verlinken ist erlaubt.

Ich hatte das bei meiner H03 auch mal probiert. Dabei habe ich mir aber beim Versuch mit der Hand zu öffnen, den Halter für den Klappdiffusor leicht verbogen.
Ich habe bei Skilhunt auch angefragt, ob ich ein Umbaukit zur reinen Linsenvariante bekommen könnte, aber bisher seit Wochen ohne Antwort.
Schraubstöcke und Hitze ist natürlich eine Möglichkeit, ich möchte mir aber nicht mehr kaputt machen. Aber mit dieser Methode habe ich auch meinen Astrolux-Kopf auf bekommen.

Lexel

Flashaholic**
12 Dezember 2016
Halle (Saale)
Also du kannst ja die Klapphalterung oder den Suideswitch abschrauben und dann den Kopf einspannen.

Wenn die Klapphalterung kaputt ist abschneiden und plan schleifen.
IMG_1920.jpg

Habe ich machen müssen, das Teil hat eh rumgeklappert, wenn ich es brauche mit Mattem Klebeband davor befestigen für absolut diffuses Lichtbild.
Habe das Plasteteil an die mit TIR Optik gebaut.
Skilhunt verkauft keine Einzelteile auf Anfrage.