Wurkkos Taschenlampen

Skilhunt Taschenlampen

ACEBEAM K30: Measurements and Beamshots

toobadorz

Erleuchteter
29 Juli 2016
I got my ACEBEAM K30 three days ago and performed some measurements to figure out its characteristics. Now let me share with you my results and thoughts.

Package and Appearance

ximKGck.png

lWIMVOa.png

This flashlight comes in a colored cardboard box, pretty similar to those you may have seen in recent Olight products. K30 is available in 5000K/6000K tints and Black/Sand colors. I picked a 5000K Sand one.

LJIaWuZ.jpg

Six brightness levels (Firefly, Low, Mid, High, Turbo, Turbo Max) and Strobe are available in K30. ACEBEAM is now a member of PLATO.

lbSONOt.jpg

v8QO3FX.jpg

SuMiHzE.jpg

K30 comes with a holster. A protective film is attached to the lens and should be removed before first use.

hKQHqnS.jpg

aUSePAB.jpg

dHQiAZ3.jpg

ry66ClI.jpg

What you can get in the package: the K30 flashlight, a holster, a lanyard, two spare O-rings, a warrant card, the user manual, and a card full of warnings for lithium batteries.

srTHAAs.png

The sand color is beautiful, I like it much.

vu9cS7b.png

s9sRqjS.jpg

There is a lanyard hole on the other side of the head.

5EHKit8.jpg

JRvG7Y3.png

The serial number and CE approval are on the tailcap.

DYOPBgB.jpg

K30 utilizes a square thread form (nice).

1rac8Px.png

The body itself is simply a tube, offering protection to the internal battery carrier. Therefore physical lock-out is unavailable.

2lJS4Wh.jpg

p0jNoAR.jpg

zNxcFff.png

A battery carrier is attached to the head with screws. Though batteries are installed in parallel, they are actually connected in series.

mKUpxKJ.png

RxV47JD.png

I use three unprotected Sanyo NCR18650GA cells (3500mAh) to conduct the tests. They fit nicely.

soLoQD4.jpg

My protected EVVA cells also fit nicely.

sgsbQEG.jpg

9E6uBCT.jpg

Thanks to the XHP70.2, now a smooth reflector can be used. There are threads on the bezel, suggesting that ACEBEAM is about to release filer lenses for K30 in the future.

zG8F4dN.png

Vcgxh6s.png

The battery indicator will start to work as soon as you turn on K30. It indicates current battery voltage in this order: Green - Red - Blinking Red. That green light is quite bright in my opinion. (Well, Gatsby believed in the Green Light...)

wlCPzj8.png

iavGYuN.png

The firefly mode.

Measurements

(Note that these lumen numbers are just rough estimations.)

1b3Ul57.png

• The Turbo Max output of my K30 (5000K version) is ~90% of the claimed 5200 lumens (OTF lumens @ 30s, as stated by ANSI FL-1). This is expected because the neutral white version of a flashlight usually has less output than the cool white one. I also observed this output difference on my ACEBEAM X45 (5000K version).
  • You may still activate Turbo or Turbo Max and get almost the same output as if from fully charged cells, even when the battery voltage is already down to 3.5V, though the battery indicator will start to blink in red almost immediately.
  • The battery voltage is slighly higher than 2.9V after these tests. The largest voltage difference among the three cells is smaller than 0.05V (nice).
  • No PWM detected on any of these brightness levels.
zByxFKf.png

0YDvX37.png

• Cooling does help K30 offer longer Turbo Max output.
  • I would like Turbo Max and Turbo to converge toward the same brightness level. Current behavior is more like a tactical step-down, rather than a true thermal regulation.
  • K30 will become *really* hot quickly after Turbo or Turbo Max is activated. The body temperature (measured right below the side switch) will stabilize at ~55°C on Turbo Max, ~65°C on Turbo, and ~45°C on High. Do not leave the light unattended when Turbo or Turbo Max is in use. The High mode is fairly useful to me because it can deliver (almost a constant) 1200+ lumens for 4 hours, with a comfortable temperature.
X4QtZ2C.png

18GR7bb.png

• A high-drain battery (Samsung INR18650-30Q) is not necessary for K30 to deliver its maximum output, though it may generate less heat and thus give you a bit more Turbo or Turbo Max, before stepping-down.

Beamshots

rdMw9RY.jpg

Shot with the other flashlights to be compared with in the beamshot section. From left to right:
  • DQG Tiny 26650 3rd (26650 x 1) (Neutral White XP-G2 x 7)
  • Manker MK34 (18650 x 3) (4000K Nichia 219C x 12 and 5000K Nichia 219B x 12, I own both)
  • ACEBEAM K30 (18650 x 3) (5000K XHP70.2 x 1)
  • HaikeLite MT02 (18650 x 3) (Neutral White XHP35 HD x 1)
  • MATEMINCO MT-18 (18650 x 4) (also known as Astrolux MF-01, this one has 5000K Nichia 219C x 18)
mMQcjcA.jpg

All these 18650 x 3 flashlights have a similar diameter (~45mm), a size that is comfortable to hold. As a 18650 x 4 flashlight, MT-18 has a larger diameter (52mm) and is somehow not that easy to be held. That DQG flashlight utilizes a single 26650 cell and is even thinner. I personally love the diameters of 26650 x 1 and 18650 x 3 flashlights because they can fit nicely in my hand.

(Note that this time I set White Balance to 5000K for better comparison on these neutral white flashlights. Thus you may find some differences from my previous beamshots)

xkHYutX.png

5Wc7huG.jpg

lpXoRSP.png

qLvzILU.png

VLztEPQ.png

vvoH24W.png

7G3TzV1.png

fFvf4yn.png

57KYmFC.gif

FiWfBVz.gif

8YWB8Q5.gif

jVm6b4F.gif

LrRHnM1.gif

G4TFXtV.gif

2SvhCrM.jpg

Sv3ek8F.gif

Thank you!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Wieselflinkpro

Flashaholic***
1 Dezember 2014
Goslar
Der Akkukäfig erinnert mich an Niwalker, weil er fest ist. Schön, dass man die Akkus durch die Aussparungen leicht heraus bekommt.

toobadorz

Erleuchteter
29 Juli 2016
I forgot to mention that:
  • The battery voltage is slighly higher than 2.9V after these tests. The largest voltage difference among the three cells is smaller than 0.05V (nice).
  • No PWM detected on any of these brightness levels.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: Kasperrr

Kasperrr

Flashaholic***
30 Mai 2017
Nice pictures! 1200lumens for ~4hours sounds great!
Can you tell me, where I can buy the K30 in sand-color??

Thanks and sorry, my bad english!

Kasperrr

Flashaholic***
30 Mai 2017
I had feared this answer... But I still hope that a german or european dealer will sale the sand-colored K30 in the future. If not than I will buy the black version of it.

• Danke
Reaktionen: toobadorz

Boverm

Flashaholic***
29 Oktober 2012
Niedersachsen
Danke für deine Ausführungen und Tests, super Bilder.

• Ich habe da eigentlich kein Problem damit, aber es gibt einige Leute hier im Forum, die Englisch nicht so gut verstehen.
  • Kann die Diskussion evtl. bilingual erfolgen? Google hilft...
  • Danke

Thank you for your informations and tests, nice Pictures.

• Normaly i do not have a Problem with that, but some People in this Forum doesen´t understand English so well.
  • Could the Discussion be bilingual? Google helps...
  • Thank you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

toobadorz

Erleuchteter
29 Juli 2016
@Boverm

Thanks for your response, of course you can write in German, Google translates that well :thumbsup:. But unfortunately I can only post / answer that in English, because I know so little about German 8| (I use Google to translate the posts here for me :p).

Boverm

Flashaholic***
29 Oktober 2012
Niedersachsen
I can translate it by myself ;)
I am thinking about other People.

Ich kann es ohne Google übersetzen.
Ich denke an die anderen Leser

Kasperrr

Flashaholic***
30 Mai 2017
I understand english very good without google translator. But i have problems to say/write something in english...:D

@toobadorz
Are you from the Nederlands or from where??

toobadorz

Erleuchteter
29 Juli 2016
@Kasperrr
I'm from Asia (specifically, Taiwan), so I'm able to speak Chinese and that's why I ordered flashlights from China dealers ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Kasperrr

Flashaholic***
30 Mai 2017
OK! Thank you!
I know Taiwan, its far away from the Nederlands :D
If you are living there, so it makes sense to buy the flashlights and other stuff from China!
How long takes an shipment/delivery from China to Taiwan??

toobadorz

Erleuchteter
29 Juli 2016
That may vary a lot, usually it takes 5~14 days for me to receive my flashlights (heavily depends on the vendor and the express service). The RMA or repairment process, which is a round-trip journey, may take even longer time (3~4 weeks). Not that fast or convenient, but acceptable :).

Boverm

Flashaholic***
29 Oktober 2012
Niedersachsen
Not much faster, like shipping to us..., even there is a big Distance gape....
5 Days is even faster,...

Nicht viel schneller als ein Versand zu uns, auch wenn es einen großen Distanz Unterschied gibt...
5 Tage sind schneller...