Imalent Taschenlampen

A little review/introduction to the Dereelight NM400

Hrcl.-MC2

Flashaholic*
10 Juli 2013
Niederrhein
Trustfire Taschenlampen Hypnose Hannover
Welcome,
to a little introduction of the latest flashlight product that came up by the Dereelight manufactory, a compact small „pockett throwing“ torch named Night-Master NM400.

First some of the manufactorer ratings for the Night-Master NM400, here with the 2MT-M driver version, because that's what I got :
- 2MT-M Driver: 3,4 V – 12 V (in) / 1,5 A (out)
- 3 levels of brightness 100% - 30% - 5%
– XP-G2 LED (edit. - serial without sillicon dome) & aspherical lens
–Type III hard anodized finish & waterproof to IPX-8 standard
– [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Size: 136mm (lenght) - 34mm ( head) - 25 mm ( body) & a weight of 135 gr.[/FONT]
– Energy source options : 1-3 x 16340, 14500, 18650- Lion batterie & 3x AA (Alkeline/Ni-Mh)

The NM400

was delivered in a very simple box of paper, which quite seems to be a step back compared to the presentation boxes wherein the CL1H-T, DBS-V3 or the Javelin came along some times ago.
But anyway -, what's really important is the „stuff“ inside,

and there we have of course the torch itself, an extra tailcap rubber, some O-rings, and a user manuel

The quality of the machining and is definitely good, the anodizing has no nicks or scratches. The threads are moving well, and have two O-rings each on the batterie tube.

NM400– Head with the relative small aspherical lens, - the Neck-Section with the XP-G2-dd LED.
IMO the NM400 appeares as a „little beauty“ !:thumbup:

To get an impression of the size -,
the NM400 with a Solarforce P1, and in family companion with Night Master V2 und X-Searcher.

Now let's go the the basics and have a look on the way the NM400 & XP-G2-dd are doing the job.
For the little beam comparison here I choose -,
1. a Dereelight CL1H-T „Lego“-version with Dl.- Adapter and Javelin Body – 2MT-M XP-G2 (self dded) / 3x14500
2. a Night Master V2 - 2MT-S XR-EZ900 / 1x 18650
distances: up to the housewall 15 m , up to the end of the meadow 85 m t

And here we go - Nightshot I

Dereelight NM400 2MT-M XP-G2 dd / 2 x 16340

CL1H-T with Adapter and Javelin Body – 2MT-M XP-G2dedome/ 3x14500

Night Master V2 - 2MT-S XR-EZ900 / 1x 18650

Nightshot II

Dereelight NM400 2MT-M XP-G2 dd / 2 x 16340

CL1H-T mit Adapter u. Javelin Body – 2MT-M XP-G2dedome/ 3x14500

Night Master V2 - 2MT-S XR-EZ900 / 1x 18650

overview in thumbnails:

And finally the NM400, Night Master V2 and X-Searcher in direct comparison with XP-G2-dd and XR-EZ900 LED.

NM 400: XP-G2-dd LED on the left and above /XR-EZ900 on the right and below

Night-Master V2: XP-G2-dd LED on the left and above /XR-EZ900 on the right and below

X-Searcher: XP-G2-dd LED on the left and above /XR-EZ900 on the right and below

My personal results:
Well - , it didn't took me a long time to fall in love with this collimator headed beauty ! :thumbsup: The NM400 is a truely compact torch, that throws out a truely compact huge stream of light. Actually I don't know about any serial produced P60 sized flashlight that might be able to hold up with the NM400.

For sure this isn't a torch „for those who are among the floddy banks of the Lightstream River“, but those who have a heart or even sympathies for Throw without " spilling around compromises", will take their pleasures.

- take care & never mind - ;)

Some special greetings to Alan and David,
Hrcl.-MC2 (Martin)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Trustfire Taschenlampen