Skilhunt Taschenlampen

Tiablo A9X (1*18650, XP-L, 1053lm)

gopajti

Flashaholic
12 April 2014
Ungarn
elemlampa.blog.hu
Hello guys,

My Tiablo A9X arrived few weeks ago, so I would like to share my impressions with many photos as always. Ca. 5-6 years ago, I tried a Tiablo ACE-G with MC-E led, and this flashlight was very good quality. So, I wondered how working a new Tiablo flashlight. The A9X is one of their newest flashlight, released in this year.

Official,

The powerful Tiablo A9X is a unique crossover flashlight model combining the best of our Tactical, Sports, and Every Day Carry products into one. An excellent choice for use in law enforcement, spotlighting, hiking, and a great illumination tool for service technicians. The A9X output performance is brighter and has a greater throw beam distance than any Tiablo A Series model flashlight, including all A9 models ever made. Tiablo A9X includes a lanyard, spare parts, and backed with a two year warranty.

Specifications:

LED: CREE XP-L Lifetime 50 000 Hours
Reflector: Aluminium smooth 41mm diameter x 38.5mm deep
Hotspot: 8cm diameter At 1 meter distance
Output Performance (ANSI FL-1): High: 1053 lumens @ 3.0A, Low: 360 lumens @ 1A
Peak Beam Intensity (ANSI FL-1): 29820cd
Beam Distance (ANSI FL-1): Max. 468m
Circuit: High efficient constant current circuit and output-luminance. Durable custom-designed micro controller drive circuit.
Working Voltage: 2.7VDC to 6.7VDC
Runtime: 1053lm (1h52m), 360lm (8h)
Battery Types Supported: 1*18650 (Recommended), 2*CR123A
Candle: 45 Watt daylight over a 30 Square Meter Area
Lens: Ultra Clear Tempered Glass
Water Proof: IPX-8 (1.5m)
Impact Resistant: 1.5m
Body: Hard anodized black Type-III Aircraft Grade T6063 Aluminum Alloy
Tactical type switch: Tactical 2 Stage Output Low/High/Off button
Size: Length 169mm, Head diameter 45mm, Body diameter 25.4mm
Weight: 161 g excluding the battery.
Extras: Lanyard, spare o-ring, and tail cap button.

Operating Instructions

Turn on/off the flashlight using the tail cap button. The default mode is high output. With the flashlight on, press and hold the side switch to ramp through the infinite variable brightness 100% to 1% to 100% in 1% increments. When the desired brightness can be seen, release the switch to memorize the output. Click the side switch to turn the flashlight on/off with the memorized output. Using the tail cap switch to turn off the flashlight will reset the memory to high mode. With the flashlight on, turn the tail cap 1/8 turn to use the lockout feature in high mode.

Hidden Strobe and SOS

With the flashlight on, double click the side switch to access the hidden strobe mode. Double click again to access SOS Mode. To exit the hidden modes, click the side switch once.

Candle Instructions

Remove the reflector housing assembly from the LED Module, turn on to the desired setting, and then stand on the tail cap. Store the reflector housing assembly in a manner to keep dust, debris, elements, and water away from the reflector.

My impressions

Pros

+ High build quality, nice black anodizing, well lubricated threads, thick o-rings
++ No visible pwm or other irritating flickering, lowest to highest mode seems OK
++ Noise free driver
+ Use new generation LED, Cree XP-L (newer than XM-L2)
+ Well centered led
+ Beam quality seems very good, no rings etc.
+ Good throwing capable
++ Infinite variable brightness
+ Ultra low mode
+ Extra modes are hidden (SOS, Strobe)
+ Side switch, comfortable to use
+ You can use unprotected/true flat top batteries without any problem (springs on both side +-)
+ Tail stand capable
+ Removable tactical ring (rubber)
+ Real candle "mode", you can use A9X without head, only with bare led
+ Optional accessories: aspheric lens head for maximum throw (not focusable), remote pressure switch

Cons

- no holster

Other comments

Tint looks typical cool white, nothing special (not greenish or yellowish).
1053 lumen seems optimistic for me. Check beamshot comparisons
I would like to see neutral white version also.

What I recommend (chargers, batteries etc.)

Charger(s): XTAR SP1 (best choice for 1*18650/26650 lights), XTAR VP1/VP2, WP2h
Batteries:
Unprotected batteries for advanced flashlight users only: LG INR18650MH1 3200mAh, Samsung INR18650-32E 3200mAh, Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh or similar quality japanese/korean cells.
Protected: XTAR, Keeppower, Orbtronic or similar quality protected batteries which use japanese or korean cells and quality (eg. SEIKO) protection circuit. (NOT recommend Ultrafire and other cheap fake batteries)

and now the first photos (more photos coming soon)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: Maiger und Gonzo